Asbestos Roof Removal Adelaide
Asbestos can be found anywhere within a building, including the roof. If you live in an old property, you will need to take an extra caution and do not let yourself be exposed to the fibre exposure.
Asbestos-containing material (ACM) has been found in many form and shapes in old premises built up to 1989. Before the year, ACM was used in the construction industry due to its tremendous beneficial properties, which could hold heat and fire, durable, and low-cost installation expense.
Asbestos Roofs: The Nightmare in Your Renovation Project
It is an undeniable fact that an ACM roof possesses a hazardous risk, but is it safe to live under a contaminated roofing material?
The answer to this question is quite simple. You may not be affected by the deadly fibre if the ACM product is not damaged or disturbed. However, the condition will not stay forever. Just like any other material, an ACM can deteriorate through time. The damaging process can be faster to ACM products that are place outdoor like the roofing sheets and fencing materials.
Though this non-friable ACM will not affect your health, it is not recommended to do a DIY asbestos roof removal Adelaide work yourself. Knowing the basic information about a safe roof removal work won’t be sufficient to keep you protected from exposure risks. This is why you ought to contact a competent contractor with the right certification to get rid of fibrous roofing and siding materials from your property.
Nevertheless, awareness of the ACM exposure is necessary to maintain a secure environment and to keep the ACM undisturbed before any asbestos removal work is carried out.
External references: www.safeworkaustralia.gov.au
4 Tips to get-rid off asbestos roofs completely
If you are concerned about your health, as well as the other occupants, you can follow the 4 tips below:
1. Assume all suspected materials contain fibres
The size of fibre is 200 times smaller than a strand of hair. Therefore, it would be difficult to identify all contaminated material in a building without proper equipment, safety kits, and certain protocols. The best thing you can do when finding a suspected product is by assuming that the product is an ACM.
2. Well-informed about the ACM presence
If you have an asbestos register document, it would be easier for you to keep yourself or the other members of the family from disturbing the contaminated structure. However, if you haven’t obtained the report, you should consider taking an inspection service provided by an accredited assessor.
3. Carry out an inspection
The inspection is meant to help you with the identification process, which will be useful to create a good control plan for your property. The assessment process will likely identify all ACMs, which reside in your place. Thus, it will provide a thorough result that can be used to determine the next step to do.
The inspection will be conducted in several stages:
- ACM register check (if available): If you own an ACM register document, it can become an initial source of information to inspect the remaining ACM that is still present in your place.
- Visual inspection: With experience, a professional removalist can spot an ACM easily. If a contractor finds some difficulties, he will perform a sampling and asbestos testing process by taking some samples of the suspected material. These samples will be put in locked plastic bags to a lab for further analysis.
- Lab analysis: A laboratory, which is eligible to perform an analysis, must be accredited by NATA. The lab will determine the type of fibres and also contamination level that may occur in your building where the samples are taken.
4. Get a pro
By knowing the danger, you’ve got be aware that removing it alone can affect your health negatively. The discharge of fibres into the air is inevitable, and you won’t notice the amount of fibres that have entered your body.
Even under the most compelling circumstances, the entire process is dangerous and physically demanding:
- Firstly, once you perform the removal work, you have to breathe through a respirator, which may place further stress on your lungs (if you’re using a standard respirator).
- Secondly, special protective clothing is uncomfortable and hot.
- Thirdly, eye protection would possibly decrease your visibility while conducting the work.
- Fourthly, there’s a risk of falling since the work would likely involve ladders and high spots. Lastly, working close to electrical wires may well be dangerous since you’re using water to wet the ACMs.
For these reasons, you must get help from certified specialists to ensure a safe asbestos roof removal Adelaide process and keep your family protected against exposure risks.
You may also need other services to manage the ACMs properly.
- Asbestos removal
- Asbestos testing
- Asbestos management plan
- Emergency repair
- Soil remediation
- Air monitoring
Before taking either one of the services above, you have to make sure that the service provider is eligible to handle ACMs. Otherwise, you will only risk yourself from exposure risks as the result of a reckless job.
The Safe and Clean Way To Take Care Of Contaminated Roofing Products
Assuming that you have ACMs in your building, get in contact with us today! Clear asbestos removal Adelaide can connect you with B-class accredited contractors who are thoroughly vetted. We did an extensive screening on our contractors to determine their ability to deliver satisfactory results.
Our endorsed contractors can remove the damaging fibrous roofing products in your building, and that they will undertake an intensive fibre testing procedure in your property before doing any roof removal Adelaide jobs.
Why selecting our endorsed members is a wise thing to do?
1. Your safety is our highest priority
We are committed to your health and safety. This is why we solely give endorsement to highly adept and experienced contractors who manage to conduct the roof removal work safely and efficiently. If you’re searching for a removalist who is time conscious, detail-minded, and committed to your health and safety; then search no more. We are the right place to seek out such removalists.
2. They are extremely adept and knowledgeable
When you select our approved contractors, you don’t need to undergo the hassle, as our members are competent and knowledgeable. They have the expertise to deliver excellent services for different properties; including business, residential, and industrial properties. They have trainings, resources and experiences to finish projects of all size and complexness.
3. They do all kinds of projects – big and small
Our B-class accredited contractors do all type of work and will manage the timeline, cost and quality to meet your needs, ranging from an initial review to a complete asbestos roof removal.
They’re going to stage your project within the right order to make sure everything is conducted properly and on schedule. The resume and reputation of our certified members speak for itself. Their emphasis on delivering high-quality services have made the clients keep returning to use their services.
4. They provide comprehensive services at competitive costs
Our licensed members aim to deliver outstanding services at competitive costs. They understand precisely the way to deliver the project on schedule and within your budget. The overall price to perform an asbestos roof removal Adelaide work varies between different properties and depends on some factors.
The total prices will be based on:
- The amount of materials needed
- Projects’ complexness
- Location of the suspected materials within the roofing structure
- The quality of the replacement material (as requested)
These factors define the amount of energy and time that our removalists need to spend, and this is reflected in the total cost for you. To get an insight of the total cost of your project, we recommend you to contact our endorsed contractors first so they can give you a tailored quote that is in-line with your inquiries.
The solution for your roofing issues is just a call away. Contact one or more of our approved contractors to ensure a secure and complete asbestos roof removal Adelaide. You can ask for a quote that is suitable for your current condition. Choose the best offer you can get and have your contaminated roofs removed from your premises.